In White Sails we believe that the best way to have the time of your life during your vacations is only if you live and explore the island like a local. That’s why we wanted to provide you with an insider travel guide of Spetses, featuring the best beaches to sail, where to anchor, restaurants, bars, and some local dishes you must try. Our aim is to offer a view of each island through the eyes of a local, based on what is cool and trending now.
The picturesque old harbour and Dapia, a tourist and commercial centre where the heart of the island’s entertainment beats, are the trademarks of the town of Spetses. Take a romantic trip around the island in horse-drawn carriages and admire the grand mansions adorning the narrow cobbled streets of the island. Spetses manages to combine successfully luxury holidays and unique architecture with her natural beauty she offers through her seaside landscapes.
- The landmark of Spetses is the hotel Poseidonion which is the jewel of the island located in the harbor of Dapia. The hotel was founded in 1914 from Sotirios Anargiros.
- Town of Spetses (Dapia) is also the new picturesque harbor of Spetses.
- Korgialenios School of Spetses. The Anargyrios and Korgialenios School of Spetses is a historical and cultural heritage site of the island of Spetses. It was established in 1923 on a picturesque area.
- Zogeria Beach
- Mansion of Laskarina Bouboulina was built around the end of the 17th Bouboulina was a heroine that played a significant role in the 1821 War of Independence.
- The House of Hatzigiannis Mexis: Today the house hosts a museum exhibiting relics from the War of Independence, letters written by war heroes like Kolokotronis and Athanasios Diakos, a folk art collection and the relics of Bouboulina. The house was built between 1795 and 1798, and was donated to the Greek state in 1938 by the heirs of the Mexis family. The objects on display represent more than 4,000 years of the island’s history.
- Cave of Bekiris is locate at Agioi Anargyroi beach.The walk to the cave is short, just a little hike up in some dirt until you see the cave. It’s extremely safe and not deep or that dark really. So worth it. Once inside the cave you can make your way by foot to the fountain which has been created naturally from stalactites hanging from the ceiling of the cave. It is believed that if a couple drinks the water from the fountain that they will remain together forever.
- Armata festival is a truly impressivere-enactment of a naval battle takes place ever since 1931.
- The museum of Spetses is housed in the mansion of Hatzigiannis Mexis in the center of Dapia. An amazing neoclassical building that used to belong to the first governor and benefactor of Spetses.
- Xylokeriza is a secluded beach 8 km from Dapia, on the south-eastern part of the island, mainly accessible by boat.
- Vrelos is a beautiful sandy beach on the west part of the island. Surrounded by a dense pine forest, it’s no wonder it is called Paradise. The beach is also an ideal starting point for following a beautiful walking route towards Profitis Elias, the highest spot of the island.
- Kouzounos is a secluded beach with pebbles and crystal clear waters. It has one of the most beautiful views on the island.
- The Old Harbor or Báltiza is the only yacht harbor in the island.
- Zogeria is a lovely deep cove. The water is very clear and you are surrounded by a pine forest Anchor in 5-8 m. The bottom is sand a weed and holds well.
- Zogeria is one of the most beautiful and known beaches of Spetses. With pine trees that stretch down to the beach and azure waters, the locals consider it the most beautiful beach on the island. It also features a small tavern where you can enjoy Greek lunch and a small chapel where many choose for their weddings.
- Agia Marina is located2 km south-east of Dapia and is the most famous beach of the island! Sandy, organized with many beach bars, and restaurants. Sun lovers as well as water sport funs arrive here either by boat or by bus.
- Kaiki beach is located in front of Korgianelios school. The beach is well organized with numerous amenities including sunbeds and water sport facilities. There are numerous taverns and beach bars close to this area.
- Agioi Anarguroi is one of the largest beaches of the island, on the southwest with clean blue deep waters. It also offers water sport facilities for those who love a bit of summer adrenaline.
- Agia Paraskevi is a long sandy beach with crystal clear waters. The beach is well organized with numerous amenities including sunbeds and water sport facilities.
- Akrogialia, Kounoupitsa in this lovely literally on the beach restaurant you will enjoy fresh seafood along with your favorite wine.
- Nero tis Agapis, Sholes is a very pretty restaurant with an amazing view and good atmosphere.
- Patralis Tavern in Kounoupitsa has the freshest fish. Perfect location, quick service and reasonable prices.
- Pahni traditional Tavern in Kokkinaria is a place where you will find good food cooked with high quality ingredients , plenty of wine and a warm and friendly atmosphere.
- Tarsanas Fish Tavern in Palio Limani will offer you a variety of fish mezedes and fish dishes. Literally you will find it difficult to choose what to order !
- Quarter Italian restaurant in Spetses Town. The “must to eat” here is the Pizza! Great pizza with high quality ingredients , good prices and fast service.
- Orloff Tavern in Old Harbor is located in a fantastic spot where you can enjoy the sea and great food.
- Posidonion Restaurant in Spetses Town is an awarded restaurant which uses products from the Organic Farm and has a beautiful veranda where you can enjoy the view of the Saronic gulf.
- Bluefield Burger in Spetses Town offers a more gourmet version of the Burger. The bun is homemade , the meat is excellent quality and the salads are fresh!
- Bikini, Palio Limani is a bar by the beach perfect for the hot summer nights of Spetses as you will find amazing cocktails to drink and cool down.
- Booze Bar in Palio Limani is a place with personality, great music and fantastic drinks.
- La Luz Bar in Palio Limani on a huge terrace. Great view of the Old Harbor , amazing cocktails and drinks and party till the morning.
- Votsalo Espresso Coctail Bar in Spetses Town one of the best bars with good music and friendly service.
- Dapia Porto Café in Spetses Town offers excellent breakfast , coffee, ice cream and cocktails .
- Guzel in Palio Limani is the place to be after hours until the early hours of the morning.
- You can’t miss the almond sweets which are delicious!
Sailing Destinations All Destinations
The Ionian islands have a mild and temperate climate which makes them the ideal location for vacation. The beaches are...
Cyclades is part of the islands in Aegean Sea and are a very popular destination for holidays all year round,...
The islands in the symplex of Dodecanese are natural magnets to their visitors offering memorable and authentic experiences. Each island...
The Islands in Saronic Gulf are a beloved destination and in addition to the more familiar islands, they are located...