Patmos is a beautiful destination for summer. It is known for its natural beauty and for its monasteries. Also known as the island of Apocalypse or Jerusalem of the Aegean, this beautiful quiet island has one of the most charming towns of the Aegean. Whitewashed houses, neoclassical buildings and picturesque alleys describe the beautiful town of Patmos. This high-end island is described by positive energy and intense spiritual character. Wander through the picturesque alleys of its beautiful town with the white stoned neoclassical houses.
Let us guide you through the exciting secrets of Patmos that you can only explore onboard one of our catamarans. In this section you will find a very informative tour guide with the best selections regarding beaches, places to see, where to dine and where to have the best nightlife on the island!
- The capital of Patmos features white houses and paved paths. It is located on a hill and offers amazing views of the Aegean. Get lost in the labyrinthine alleys.
- The Cave and the Monastery of the Apocalypse is located between the town of Patmos and Skala port. According to religion, this is where Saint John was exiled in 95 AD and wrote the Apocalypse the last book of the Revelation. Dedicate a morning there and feel the energy of this sacred cave.
- The Monastery of Saint John the Theologian is one of the most important monasteries of Greece. It is constructed on top of a hill above Hora, and it looks like a fortress.
- The Patmian School is one of the most important ecclesiastical schools of the country.
- The Kathismata (Hermitages) are small chapels that were built inside caves by monks. You can find them all around the island and the most famous is at the Rock od Kallikatsou in Petra beach. Contact the Holy Monastery to make a tour around the several caves of the island.
- The monastery of Annunciation or Evangelismos is located on the southwest side of Hora. It really worth the visit especially if you are visiting the island on 15thof August where a special traditional event takes place dedicated to the national day (15thof August). The view is just incredible and will leave you speechless.
- Psili ammos beach is located in the southwest part of the island and is considered among the finest in Patmos, since it has soft sand, tamarisk trees and clear blue sea.
- Sail to the Arki island, the paradise of Dodecanese. Very close to Patmos, you won’t believe in your eyes! Find the beach of Tiganakia and you will be surprised by the beauty of nature!
- Lipsi’s coastline consists of a number of small bays, sheltered coves and beaches with shallow, crystal clear waters.
- Discover the beautiful beaches of Agathonisi and relax to its emerald waters.
- Grikos Bay is just 3 M S of Skala. There are a number of pleasant spots that one can anchor.
- Kambos Bay is further NE of Agriolivadho it is protected form the meltemi but there are strong gusts. Exposed to the S and SE.
- Skala is a fairly safe harbor during the meltemi (the Etesians) (the Etesians) season despite the strong gusts and cross-winds. However, it is open to the SE and during the winter months it can become untenable.
- Didimes or The Twins in English are two identical pebbled beaches separated by a rock.They are ideal for those who love serenity.
- Livadi Geranou is a sandy beach with emerald waters. Swim to the island across. Ideal for snorkeling and swimming. There is also a fish tavern where you can relax.
- Petra is one of the most beautiful beaches in Patmos. It is a rocky organized beach with amazing sunbeds and a canteen.
- Lefkes is a white sandy beach with blue waters. Perfect for those who seek tranquility. Features a canteen where you can taste hot dogs and souvlaki.
- Lambi is a long beach famous for its rare with colorful pebbles. It features crystal clear waters and is ideal for those looking for relaxation.
- Vagia is a pebbled beach with blue waters ideal for those who want to spend a quiet day at the beach. There is a canteen operating at the beach.
- Agriolivado is an organized sandy beach that gets pretty busy in summer. It is located north of Skala, the main port of the island. It offers a variety of watersports and a cute beach bar where you can relax or party.
- Kambos is a beautiful bay situated on the northern side of the island. It has crystal water and part of this beach is organized. Perfect for those who love organized beaches with sunbeds and watersports.
- Lambi is located on Lambi beach is a classic seafood tavern behind the eponymous beach. It was established in 1958 and is still going strong. Choose between tables under a shelter amidst Aegean-blue-and-turquoise-painted wood trim, or out on the volcanic pebbles with correspondingly wobbly chairs.
- Benetos Restaurant is a high end, elegant restaurant on a farm by the sea offering relaxed, romantic atmosphere. Combining modern and classic Mediterranean cooking it is the place to be.
- Pleiades is a high end restaurant, located in Eirini Villas facilities and is under the guidance of the famous chef Ettore Bottrini. Enjoy breakfast made by local organic products, relax during the day with a snack and great view and have a unique dine experience as the sun falls. Keep in mind you have to make a reservation as the tables are limited.
- Apocalypsis Restaurant in Akti suites hotel is an elegant high end restaurant with excellent food.
- Hiliomodi is a traditional ouzerie a few metres back from the sea, as the road sets off inland to Hora, with outdoor tables.
- Tarsanas is perfect for lunch or dinner and offers great food and beautiful views of the Aegean.
- Loza is the place to be for breakfast. It offers stunning view, maybe one of the best views in town. Its advantageous position, along with the amazing breakfast made this restaurant, a must visit!
- Vagia Café is a charming little terrace, situated above a great beach and offers the best breakfast in Patmos along with amazing views. Do not forget to try the freshly baked pies, the omelettes and the chocolate cakes.
- Flisvos Restaurant is a lovely terrace restaurant with a wonderful view of Grikou Bay and Petra Beach and also the famous Kaliktsou Rock. Do not miss to accompany your lovely seafood with Greek ouzo or Greek wine.
- Trehantiri: Ask any local where to eat in Patmos, and the answer will be Trehantiri. This simple unpretentious taverna may not have a seafront location or stylish decoration but offers the most delicious Greek cuisine on the island at the best price. It serves a standard Greek taverna menu (no creative cuisine here) with a variety of fresh fish and traditional cuisine dishes, all of which are delicious. The portions are very generous, so order wisely!
- Pantelis is a traditional Greek taverna which has remained unchanged throughout the years, yet still is your best chance to get fresh fish of the day and homemade casseroles. Extra tip: Ask for lobster pasta and make a preorder!
- Meloi is a family run restaurant with great Greek food where someone can go inside and look at what has been made that day and choose from those. Try the lovely moussaka and the hearty Greek salad.
- Tzivaeri offers stunning views on the port of Skala to be enjoyed from its high balcony and combines a superb location with Cretan cuisine; Make sure you make a reservation; this is a popular place among visitors and locals alike. Remember: to enjoy the live music, make a late dinner reservation.
- Astivi is the place to be at night. Located in the heart of the island, it is a traditional Patmian house terrace converted into a bar restaurant with great cocktails as well as excellent food.
- Ktima Petra located in the picturesque bay of Groikos and offers fresh organic Greek food. This unique Greek taverna is located within a farmhouse in front of the beach.
- Aloni is family run restaurant. If you are looking for fun then Aloni is the place to be. It offers Greek food and its characteristic is the traditional dance of the waiters.
- Astivi from 1673 is the place to be at night. Located in the heart of the island, it is a traditional Patmian house terrace converted into a bar restaurant with great cocktails as well as excellent food.
- Stoa cafe-bar is a place that will surely become your everyday hangout, due to its privileged location in the heart of atmospheric and beautiful Chora of Patmos.
- Konsolato situated on Skala, will be your choice if you would like to continue your night under the beats of Greek music.
- Pugakia which is a traditional sweet made from almonds and walnuts.
- Local cheese of kalathotos.
- Thyme honey is a must taste!
Sailing Destinations All Destinations
The Ionian islands have a mild and temperate climate which makes them the ideal location for vacation. The beaches are...
Cyclades is part of the islands in Aegean Sea and are a very popular destination for holidays all year round,...
The islands in the symplex of Dodecanese are natural magnets to their visitors offering memorable and authentic experiences. Each island...
The Islands in Saronic Gulf are a beloved destination and in addition to the more familiar islands, they are located...