Corfu is known as one of Greece’s most beautiful islands and the second largest of the Ionian Islans. It is characterized by rich history and culture to indulge in. With many villages and numerous beaches to visit, it is a holiday favorite destination for thousands of visitors every year. Corfu holidays are ideal for diving into watersports action or for sailing opportunities.
Let us guide you through the hidden gems of Corfu that you can only explore onboard one of our catamarans. Short excursions around Paxi , Erikoussa , Platia are some of the options you can explore! In this section you will find a very informative tour guide with the best selections regarding beaches, places to see, where to dine and where to have the best nightlife on the island!
- The trademark of Corfu is the small island of Pontikonisi, which holds the Pantokrator monastery. Right next to it, the famous islet Vlacherna, with its 17th century monastery.
- A miracle of nature: the beaches of Sidari and Canal d’Amour: If you swim in the Canal d’Amour, the myth says you’ll find your soul mate. In Sidari you will enjoy two more spectacular sand beaches with sandstone formations.
- Saint Spyridon church located in the center of Corfu Town is a place you must visit. According to legends, the saint Spyridon has saved the island four times from the Ottoman invasion, one of the reasons that this church is the most important religious monument of Corfu.
- Paleo and Neo Frourio (Old and New Fortress) offers superb views over the old town!
- All beaches on the small Erikoussa island across Corfu. You will be amazed by the clear blue waters.
- Sail to Syvota and explote the amazing beauty there! Follow our itinerary!
- Liapades Beach is situated about 2 km from the homonymous village near Paleokastritsa and along the coast you will find numerous interesting caves which you can visit by boat!
- Limni beach is another beautiful and secluded beach below the village of Liapades, accessible mainly by sea and by land for good climbers.
- Next to a beautiful promenade of land in the sea, at the cape Heliodoros or Liniodoros. A homonymous paradise beach with pebbles accessible only by the sea, south and west of the village of Liapades.
- Stelari beach is idyllic, beautiful and accessible only from the sea.
- Vouvalomantria beach is at the north tip of Erimitis, a small and secluded beach, available only by sea.
- Vrachli beach is a lovely beach facing east, the only one without a small lake behind.
- Tzoufakia beach is a tiny beach next and south of Vrachli, completely isolated.
- Arias beach is another beauty, isolated pebble beach a little south of Tzoufakia.
- Paradise Beach is accessible only by sea. It is one of the most beautiful beaches of Corfu, and is situated on the northwestern coast of the island.
- Kassiopi is the largest town in north Corfu and there is room to med moor a few yachts inside the fishing port, but its shallow. Occasionally yachts anchor stern to the breakwater, but most yachts anchor in the bay outside the port.
- Ormos Vourlias, South East of Kaissiopi is covered in Sea grass, however if you tuck in close to the beach then you can find a good sandy bottom, particularly at the east end of the beach. The beach shelves up steeply, so you can go in closer than you might expect.
- Ormos Stefanou is nice little inlet with lots of restaurants and bars where you can med moor too. It’s a narrow anchorage and gets busy, so swing room is limited, and boats are very close together.
- Gouvia Marina is a major charter destination and the marina is big. It’s easy to get spots there all through the season as long as you avoid the charter boat change over nights.
- Corfu Town – Ormos Garitsas has many amenities close by. It’s a large bay often busy, but you would be unlucky not to get a spot here given its size. You are generally anchoring over sand in about 3-8m of water.
- Paleokastritsa beach located beneath and to the left of the road that leads to the monastery of Pakeokastritsa and is famous for its cold, turquoise waters. The entire bay is surrounded by dense vegetation.
- Myrtiotissa is a nudist beach and it became extremely famous from the Tv show in UK which is called The Durrell’s.
- Glyfada Beach is the most popular in Corfu. Lush green hills rise above the golden sand and are reflected in the calm waters.
- The famous Canal d ‘amour is a natural masterpiece!
- Issos beach is the Sahara of Corfu since it features impressive sandunes.
- Agios Gordios is an endless beach of golden sand, as well as pebble and crystal clear waters. There you can find water sports to enjoy!
- Kontokali is very near the Gouvia marina. The beach is impressive: large and sandy, with high standards of service and facilities, hundreds of umbrellas and a large selection of water sports.
- K Old Fortress Restaurant in Corfu Town is the best way to enjoy Corfu͛s cultural heritage while having a delicious meal!
- Maistro Restaurant in Corfu Town has amazing seafood dishes with highlight the seafood pasta!
- Cavalieri Hotel Roof Garden is one out of 50 stunning Rooftop Bars and Restaurants according to the CNN International. Watching over Corfu͛s Town this restaurant serves international and local cuisine in an atmospheric lounge style.
- Etrusco in Kato Korakiana is run by the Italian – Corfiot Botrini family and has been awarded many times . The restaurant offers a variety of dishes and a great culinary experience.
- Tripa Tavern in Kinopiastes offers a fixed menu with a variety of mezedes combined with roasted lamb or beef and delicious bio wine.
- Klimataria in Benitses is a small family run business has a different menu every day as they cook upon daily products that are fresh. So if you need to know what͛s on the menu , just call before and pre book your order.
- Ristorante Del Sol in Porta Remounda serves the finest Italian dishes.
- Ammos Bar in Arilla is a very stylish bar right on the beachfront . Comfortable seating͛s , nice decoration and great music attract many tourists for a drink or a snack !
- Angelos Bar in Kasiopi is very popular for the amazing cocktails and the cheerful atmosphere.
- B52 located along the beachfront of Ipsos. Organizes weekly music events and thematic parties that last till the morning !
- Lumber Jacks in Ipsos where some of the best DJs use their talent and experience to entertain the people !
- Fuego in Acharavi one of the most popular spots on the island. The best place to chill out !
- Corfiot mini strawberries are very small in size yet fragrant and scarce.
- Mandoles is one of the most traditional sweets of Corfu and you really should try it before you leave the island. It is caramelized almonds with sugar.
- Taste the Corfiot Beer made in a local microbrewery!
- Nouboulo, the Corfiot prosciutto is very delicious!
- Mandolato is a traditional sweet made by honey, egg whites and almonds!
Sailing Destinations All Destinations
The Ionian islands have a mild and temperate climate which makes them the ideal location for vacation. The beaches are...
Cyclades is part of the islands in Aegean Sea and are a very popular destination for holidays all year round,...
The islands in the symplex of Dodecanese are natural magnets to their visitors offering memorable and authentic experiences. Each island...
The Islands in Saronic Gulf are a beloved destination and in addition to the more familiar islands, they are located...